Wednesday 6 October 2010

Health and Safety Executive, how I do love thee.

This post was originally posted on my website on 2nd Sept 2010

In a recent discussion about whether children should be allowed to use egg boxes in their play I was reminded of how completely fabulous the HSE myth of the month posters are.
The truth about egg boxes is here: www.hse.gov.uk/myth/august.htm




There are quite a few others of these posters that I particularly like:

This time of year the conkers are ripening, kids must wear goggles to play with them, right?

Children in spacesuit-like full body protection clothing playing conkers

If a child did  hurt themselves I could't put a plaster on it: www.hse.gov.uk/myth/jun08.htm

and I would be sued: www.hse.gov.uk/myth/feb08.htm

and all playgrounds should have every element of risk removed: www.hse.gov.uk/myth/mar09.htm

because children need to be wrapped in cotton wool: www.hse.gov.uk/myth/nov08.htm 

This poster ends with the statement: "Risk itself won’t damage children, but ill-managed and overprotective actions could!"

Health and Safety Exec, how I do love thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment FB

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...